A reading blog where I will try to my utmost to avoid the mention of books.

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Garbo, Beckett, Vergil

In celebration of one of my favorite things, it is time for a list:
  1. Last night was the one and only performance of Kabarett Stromausfall. I sang a number, and participated in a sketch and a silly little dance. I am now known as "sexappeal girl".
  2. Tomorrow night is opening night (of two) of the Beckett plays being put on by Mountebanks. I'm also in that, for something completely different.
  3. I'm done with classes now (except for a German wrap-up), leaving one exam and a paper on the Aeneid. (if you're going to read the Aeneid in translation, please, please, read Dryden's translation.)
  4. I now listen to BBC World Service (using a Google Desktop gadget) and BBC World Service podcasts. I never get around to reading the papers as much as I'd like, but I can do this while doing other things! I recommend it.
  5. Netvibes is out of beta. Some people found my reaction inappropriately enthusiastic. (Maybe it wasn't something to announce at our house meeting... maybe.)

No comments: