A reading blog where I will try to my utmost to avoid the mention of books.

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Maggie links to me as "Regina in Rennes," which I enjoy very much, being completely unable to resist the charms of alliteration.

Can I just say that I forgot to pack nearly everything useful. I brought a toothbrush, yes, but only two longsleeved shirts, one of which doesn't fit me, and altogether the wrong shoes, at least based on my experience to date. I also forgot a bookbag. But I don't complain, really, since this does open up extensive shopping opportunities. I've already found a French long-sleeved shirt, though they still had mostly short-sleeved varieties in the shops (I wonder whether this lasts all winter; is it merely the French way to wear short sleeves under a sweater?) and on that subject: when the French say "small," they mean it! I haven't worn such tight clothing since highschool. But I like it. I also found a bookbag in the Galleries Lafayette, a pretty fun place all in all. I mean to go back there several times before I leave.

I also took photos of some chateaux and Andy's head, which are sure to be beautiful, but I have to process them on my machine and then load them on my host family's computer, so those will be up soonish. The fact that I've now promised should bring things along, really.

Promises, we forget about our promises...
I stop.

No comments: